Oslo, 30 June 2021: Adevinta ASA (“Adevinta” or the “Company”) today announces the new composition of its Board of Directors, following the completion of the acquisition of eBay Classifieds Group (“eCG”) on 25 June 2021 and the Annual General Meeting held on 29 June 2021.
The composition of the new Board will bring a wealth of experience and reflect the diversity and the values shared by Adevinta. This marks a new phase for the Group under the leadership of Orla Noonan, who will continue to chair the Board.
In addition to Orla Noonan, the new Board of Directors comprises the following members:
- Fernando Abril-Martorell Hernandez – previous CEO and Chairman, Indra
- Sophie Javary – Vice-Chairman CIB EMEA,BNP Paribas
- Peter Brooks – Johnson – CEO, Rightmove
- Michael Nilles – Chief Digital & Information Officer, Henkel KGaA
- Julia Jäkel – previous CEO, Gruner + Jahr
- Kristin Skogen Lund – CEO, Schibsted
- Aleksander Rosinski – VP & Senior Advisor, Schibsted
- Marie Oh Huber – SVP, Chief Legal Officer, General Counsel, eBay
- Mark Solomons – VP, Corporate and Business Development, eBay
Orla Noonan, Adevinta Board Chair, commented: “We are pleased that these high-profile leaders have joined Adevinta’s Board. They will bring a wealth of international business expertise from diverse sectors, including media, technology, digital innovation, integration and online marketplaces, which will help to strengthen Adevinta’s foundations and drive the Group to meet its strategic objectives. Together, we are aiming to support the executive team, sustain success and create value for all stakeholders.
“Adevinta’s recent acquisition of eBay Classifieds Group creates a globally scaled online classifieds leader and a European tech champion, giving the group a clear lead in the industry in accelerating innovative products and services and creating best-in-class integrated solutions that will enhance users’ and customers’ digital experience.
“We would also like to take this opportunity to thank Terje Seljeseth for his close support and valuable contribution to Adevinta’s Board of Directors since 2019.”