As one of the global market leaders in online classifieds, Adevinta (previously called MPI), is dedicated to providing perfect matches on the world’s most trusted marketplaces and to creating value for buyers and sellers.
“Adevinta will continue to strengthen its roots in verticals like cars, real estate and jobs in order to further monetize its market-leading positions. The company will remain focused on top-line growth as well as margin and cash flow improvement,” CEO Rolv Erik Ryssdal said.
Rolv Erik Ryssdal
Adevinta is in an excellent position to develop new models that will define the future of online marketplaces. The simplified governance in Adevinta will make it possible for the company to actively take part in any attractive M&A transactions or structural changes in the industry.
Adevinta will consist of a strong portfolio of market leading online classifieds sites in 20 countries.
Key assets are:
- Leboncoin.fr – the leading online classifieds site in France with leading positions in real estate and cars. Reaches 28 million consumers every month.
- Schibsted Spain – the leading online classifieds player in Spain.
- 50% ownership of the joint venture OLX Brazil – the leading online classifieds site in Brazil.
- Strong positions in Italy, Austria, Ireland and Hungary.
- Shpock – native mobile marketplace downloaded more than 50 million times with presence in 6 countries.
- Leading marketplaces in investment phase in Mexico, Chile, Belarus, Colombia, Morocco and Tunisia.
Rolv Erik Ryssdal has held various executive positions in Schibsted, including head of Schibsted Classified Media, before he became CEO of the Group in 2009.
“An important part of my work during this period has been to build up our international online classifieds business. Leading a separate listing and further expansion of this part of Schibsted will be a great new challenge for me,” Rolv Erik Ryssdal says.
“I am very glad that Rolv Erik has accepted the position as CEO of the new international marketplaces company. He has done an outstanding job in the nine years he has served at the helm of Schibsted,” Ole Jacob Sunde- Chairman of the board, says.