2 years across different disciplines
Would you benefit from experiencing how different functions work within the business before deciding where you would like to focus your career? Are you ambitious and keen to develop your career in a fast-moving, truly international organisation where you can make an impact?
Our International graduate program will develop your professional skills and give you a greater understanding of Adevinta, its people, products and marketplaces. Experiencing many of our global functions from finance, strategy, mergers and acquisitions, product to marketing and advertising, you will initially be based in one of our ‘hubs’ in Barcelona or Paris.
Who you are
You may not be able to define your long-term career goal today, but you are ambitious, and you want to build up a broad range of skills so you can carve your own path. You would benefit from spending time in different roles and functions to gain a deeper understanding of what makes them work. If this sounds like you, we’re looking for driven people that want to make an impact across the organisation.
- Do you want a career in a fast-moving, truly international organisation?
- Are you collaborative and work well in a team?
- Are you able to share your ideas and say what you are thinking, doing this with respect for others, their cultures, and their work?
- Are you curious and looking to deepen your understanding of a subject, tool or situation?
- Do you look to get stuff done, whilst working with others, learning and taking action?
- Are you adaptable and excited by challenges?
- You will have an undergraduate degree as a minimum
- You could come from any academic background/institution but will have the intellectual capacity to work with new and complex information, in a constantly changing environment
- You will be passionate about the impact technology can have on the business and the end user experience
- You will be able to demonstrate your curiosity and drive through academic achievement, self-study and/or extra-curricular achievements
- You will have some ‘real-life’ work experience, gained during an internship, placement, voluntary work or via part-time paid work
- You will be able to demonstrate your cultural fluency through experiences such as living/working abroad, volunteering for an international organisation, international work experiences or extra-curricular activities
- You must speak and write fluently in English and speak and write fluently in either French or Spanish (Ideally both)
We are offering 5 international first assignment generalist places for 2019. Candidates will start in one of the following areas, either in Paris or Barcelona and rotate between positions.
Based in Barcelona and working in partnership with marketing teams across Adevinta and collaborating with various stakeholders, you will be involved in shaping and delivering communication projects across the organisation. You will develop an understanding of how to work across markets and have the opportunity to run your own projects that form part of the wider goal.
Product managers are key in making sure that the right people are working on solving the right problems at the right time. Working alongside UX and technical engineers, they identify common problems that can be solved with scalable technical solutions. They connect people in different countries and roles, leveraging their skills and encouraging collaboration. You will be responsible for running part of a project and have access to supportive experienced colleagues to help you solve problems as well as develop your skills and knowledge.
Based in Barcelona you will be acting as a junior Project manager working with the Monetization Team to help improve the monetization in some of our different marketplaces. You will be working with different stakeholders across Adevinta -from product managers, to commercial directors, business developers, GMs…-, moving initiatives forward and ensuring projects are rolled out successfully.
As part of the ‘Ventures’ team you will be assisting the team to develop the pipeline of companies that have potential to add value to Adevinta through technology, market coverage and people capability. The team reviews circa 40 companies per month and your role would be to help research and build a business case for each of the viable companies. You will need to be able to extract relevant information, analyse both qualitative and quantitative data in order to create a meaningful summary of each company you review.
Applications for 2019 are closed. Please keep an eye out for programs starting in 2020.