Do you aspire to be a software engineer or data scientist? Are you early in your career and looking to be mentored by experienced professionals who will work closely with you, whilst you learn about different systems and tools to try out and implement your ideas?
Who you are
You may have gained your coding and language experience outside of traditional methods. You are able to demonstrate practical hands-on coding or data handling experiences which highlight your enthusiasm for technology and your potential to progress your career. Whatever your credentials, we’re looking for passionate people to create technology that has purpose.
- Do you want a career in a fast-moving, truly international organisation?
- Are you collaborative and work well in a team?
- Are you able to share your ideas and say what you are thinking, doing this with respect for others, their cultures, and their work?
- Are you curious and looking to deepen your understanding of a subject, tool or situation?
- Do you look to get stuff done, whilst working with others, learning and taking action?
- Are you adaptable and excited by challenges?
- You may have a STEM or non STEM background at degree level
- You will be able to demonstrate a strong interest in technology or data through your studies and/or extra-curricular activities
- You will have the intellectual capacity to work with new information and in a constantly changing environment
- You will be passionate about the impact technology can have on the business and the end user – you will be creating technology that has purpose.
- Your desire is to co-create technology, not be the sole developer of a piece of code
- Your curiosity and drive will be reflected in your academic achievement, self-study and/or extra-curricular achievements
- You will have some ‘real-life’ work experience, gained during an internship, placement, voluntary work or through part-time paid work
- You must speak and write fluently in English and speak and write fluently in French or Spanish. French and English are a requirement for the Paris-based roles and Spanish and English for Spain-based roles.
At platform services, we have many different teams, projects and challenges. We are sure there is something for you!
Data Scientist Associate (Barcelona)
Insights and Analytics is an international team comprised of data scientists, data analysts and engineers that develop tools to provide comparative BI from across the organisation to drive decision-making at a strategic and local level. We see ourselves as enablers to the wider organisation, working as a community and hosting two major data gatherings each year. We work with a range of people from business managers to UX to share knowledge, embed frameworks and tools, run workshops, formulate hypotheses and design tests to help solve problems.
Joining as a data scientist, you will learn about our main data stack in a central team. You may also second to one of our international marketplaces building relationships and understanding local challenges. While on secondment you are likely to be involved in projects using A/B testing, setting up dashboard visualisation for decision making and defining metrics for specific product launches.
You should be fluent in English and Spanish.
Engineer Associate for Marketplace components (Barcelona)
The team is using natural language processing technologies to improve user experience, increase customer engagement, build trust, and protect users through identifying the reliability of others. This also functions as a moderation tool to control potential scams.
Recent projects include rolling out a feature where potential buyers can contact a seller selecting pre-defined phrases suited to the context. Joining this team you could continue to build on our use of natural language processing, using content analysis to understand the context and state of a conversation and build features based on how the conversation is likely to progress.
You should be fluent in English and Spanish
Data Scientist for the Personalization Team (Barcelona)
As part of the Personalization team, you will be responsible for building data pipelines that process billions of events and use machine learning techniques to create personalised user experiences on our Marketplaces. The team consists of data scientists and data engineers that work closely together to deliver end-to-end data products such as recommender systems, data-driven search (using learning-to-rank), autocomplete, related searches and other personalised products that help our users make perfect matches on our sites. Adevinta’s wide portfolio of sites and services means that we have plenty of data sources and application areas to try out many different approaches in a creative, innovative and ambitious environment. As a Data Scientist at Adevinta, you will be at the heart of an effort to utilize our unique combination of data to bring about the next generation of digital products and services. You will have a direct impact on millions of users around the world by building data products.
You should be fluent in English and Spanish
Applications for 2019 are closed. Please keep an eye out for programs starting in 2020.